Thursday, February 26, 2015

IndiAnimalia (solo exhibit now at Irvington Branch Library, Indianapolis, IN)


IndiAnimalia includes thirteen species from Marion County’s Threatened, Endangered and Rare Species list (DNR).  Some of these animals live right here in Eagle Creek Park. Some are visitors, traveling through the area.

Creating these pieces helped me become acquainted with these animals and their fragile habitats. I asked questions like, Where do these animals live? What are their needs? How do we provide sanctuary for these animals? As I “made space” for the animals on my paper and cut shapes for them to “inhabit,” I thought about how we shape, transform and affect natural habitats.
Through my art, I hope to articulate something that honors these animals and their habitats. I hope you find something both familiar and beautiful-- IndiAnimalia.
-Elizabeth Seagull Heeter








SOLD.





























SOLD.
























Each of these original works is for sale, framed and matted 
(9" x 12") $125. 

9"x 12" prints are also available. $15.




No comments:

Post a Comment